Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cabin Fever Anyone?

SO, pretty much this whole being snowed in thing, isn't working out to well for me. I'm home with just my family. I can hardly talk to some friends. I think I'm coming down with a bad case of what they call "cabin fever". This definition is a new thing for me, but, I must say I absolutely love it and plan to use it often.

There are just so many things contributing to my self diagnosed cabin fever. For one thing, while the snow is loads of fun for a little while, it gets old fast. I was so extremely pumped to go out and play in the still falling fresh snow. I even did a little shoveling and didn't mind it all that much. Then I came inside and got all warmed up, and boredom set in. I realized I have nothing to do but stay inside. I was over the snow again.

Another thing contributing to this terrible ailment, being alone. Granted, I do have my mom, dad, and brother. I am just in desperate need of some friends. Some other civilization. Seeing and hearing about people being snowed in with friends and having a blast just makes it worse for me, too. Knowing I had such big plans for the weekend, and ending up not doing a darn thing, is defiantly not ideal.

I miss Dillon dearly. I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. Seeing as everyone is snowed in, and no one can get anywhere, I don't know when the next time I'll get to see him will be. He lost power so he has to charge his phone from his car. I feel like it will be so long before I see him again. The only day I saw him this week was Wednesday and it was only for a little while. Although, I do find it slightly humorous that Dillon was so pumped for the snow and excited for it and all, and now he is miserable because he lost power and can't go anywhere. Just a little ironic. But, I still hate it for him because I really don't want him to be miserable. I'm not that mean.

This stupid snow has so many stinking pros and cons I can't decide whether or not to love this snow, or hate it. The whole cabin fever thing is most defiantly making it lean way, far over to the hate side. It's fun for a few snowballs, a couple snow angels, some snowmen, and even a little shoveling; but boy do I miss other human beings. I am beyond ready to be out of this house.

I am ready to be rid of this CABIN FEVER!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Harper,
    I really miss you, I wish that I could see you.. I think we are in need of a serious double date!!! Like forrealy.Anyways, I hope that your cabin fever goes away! &its a good thing you told bev that you couldn't go this weekend.. because there is no way that you would be able to get back by today.. at all.. and you know that you would have been DEAD.. so take that one into consideration too. &the thing you said about Dillion about how ironic it is.. hah it IS really ironic.

    ReplyDelete