Friday, February 5, 2010

What motivates you?

Have you ever had the feeling, where you are just so completely bored out of your mind, you feel like there is nothing to do? Even though you know there is plenty for you to do. Then, later realize your boredom is merely brought on by the annoying fact that you know you can't leave the house even if you wanted. If it were any other day of the week (minus multiple feet of snow) you would be fine, and not border-line depressed that there is nothing for you to do.

I have the great misfortune to say, this is exactly how I feel now. There are plenty of things in my house for me to do. But, instead I prefer to sit in my big window, look outside and the snow starting to stick, and pout because I can't go out.

When I start to think about it I feel totally ridiculous for feeling that way. I just can't seem to help it. I have absolutely no motivation to do anything at all. Just sit, watch, and think. I even have better things to do then blog! This is the perfect opportunity to be productive. I just am lacking a simple, yet vital thing. Motivation.

Where does motivation come from, anyway? God? Or rather, something we have to muster up inside ourselves to get through the day?

What should we find motivation in?

I wish my motivation for things, such as: making it through the day; doing well in school; talking to people; and various other everyday things, was to bring God glory. But, when I think about it. That hardly ever is my real motivation. It usually is pleasing other people, or seeing a certain person that day, or even just for personally glory. I think back on certain things sometimes, and wonder how I could have ever made it through something. Where my motivations have been, for instance, for self glory, they should have been for the glorification of God.

It just shows me how merciful, forgiving, and patient God is with His children. He helps us get through so many things, even when our motivations are totally wrong and out of place.

Thinking about this has made me realize that it is something I need to change in myself. I have decided this is going to be one of the things I am going to work on in my one month left to live. I am going to make sure that, I don't do things to please others. I'm not going to do things to bring attention to myself. I am going to try to make every breath I breathe, every move I make, for Christ alone.

1 comment:

  1. Danggg chicka, this post.. if I do say so myself.. was quite bangin! Lol. :) I think that it is great, that this all bring this out in your.. giving somewhere a place to put your thoughts and to resolve information.. I am so glad :) it does the same for me..
    I'm gonna text yah :)

    ReplyDelete