Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What A Day, For Today Is The Day.

Today I finally got to see some civilization; Dillon. I was so overly happy to see some one, especially since it was him because I had been missing him dearly. Going crazy was looking pretty nice at that point before I had seen anyone. Unfortunately, we are expecting ridiculous snow still to come, so I have more insanity still to look forward to. More of feeling lonely, to come in my future. I think the snow deserves a little vacation time, because I'm far too ready to be done with mine.

I got a surprise when I saw Dillon today! He gave me my Valentines day gift early because he wasn't sure if he would be able to see me on Valentines day. Although, I really hope we can see each other because he is supposed to be taking me to see Dear John for a date. I am getting extremely excited to go see it, would be highly upset if those plans got canceled due to weather. Well, quite frankly if they got canceled for any reason I would be pretty upset.

Today we went to our playground. Our normal walking path to get there was cover in around 2 to 3 feet of snow, so we took a different route. Boy, the sacrifices I make for him. I was freezing cold because I forgot to put on a coat, gloves, or any other such necessities in cold conditions such as these. We walked through tall snow, cold winds, ice, jump a few fences, and even brave some falling snow, to get to our playground. May I add, the only reason we were going to the playground in the first place was to get some cute snow pictures like every other couple who had the chance to spend time together with the snow. Beside the fact we could have got fully functional snow pictures right in my back yard. But I did it 'cause I love him, and it was well worth it. :)

While Dillon was over, we started to have a serious and necessary conversation. We talked about boundaries. A subject I have been trying to put to the side, and avoid, for as long as I possibly could. It recently has become a problem for me though. I have come to the point where we could get so into something that I would probably let him do most anything to me if he wanted to. That is most definitely not a good thing at all. So, with some mustered up courage, a friendly nudge (thank you so much Mackenzie for the amazing advice, and much appreciate encouragement), and a LOT of help from the Lord, I brought the subject matter up.

We talked about it, and I feel as though we have set some good firm boundaries. They are, for the time being, experimental. Dillon and I, neither having any experience before in the setting of boundaries, found ourselves to often be lost and confused in our discussion of deciding what needed to be done about things. He said that personally, he feels he has great self-control and would never go to far with me, because of how much he care about me. Still he said he was not willing to bank so much on his self-control. Also, he said he had no feelings of needing to intensify the boundaries, or that there was any immediate need for them for him, understanding though, with they way i feel that they are a necessity.

I was so unnecessarily nervous about talking to him about this kind of thing. Even though I knew in my heart of heart that he would understand, and be willing to make some changes, I couldn't help but to have some irrational fears of rejection, disappointment, and various other feelings. Having the past I have, it's only slightly understandable. But I am ready to get up and let go of everything that Will ever gave to me. All the baggage and troubles and worries. I am over them, and they are out the door never coming back again, and I'm not looking back on them.

Now that I have seen Dillon, I feel relieved to know there are still people alive outside of my neighborhood. But, that does not change the fact that I still want to see other people, as well! Especially my wonderful Mackenzie! I feel as though we haven't seen each other in eons. You're missed like "crazyyy" girl. ;)


&well, that's just my day. :)

1 comment:

  1. :) i iss sooo happy that you finally had the talk :) I am so happy for you guys.. &he is saying the same things that Michael said, about him thinking that he can stand on his own two feet with his strength, and that he wouldn't go too far with me.. heh I think that it is a guy thing.. but as you can see Michael couldn't do that so it is a good thing that Dillon went along with the boundaries thing anyways.. who knows maybe soon enough he will see why you guys have to intensify the boundaries.
    p.s. I am still waiting to see these much awaited snow pictures..
    &girl I am missing you like super crazyyYYY

    ReplyDelete